I've forwarded this from the FLACOM-L list.  -Todd

> All,
>
> I will be sending out a more detailed e-mail later today.  SuitSat is
> operating but it appears to be running at a much lower power than
> expected.  I have some recordings which demonstrate this to the point that
> you can definitely hear partials of the voices and can hear the Suit spin
> rate.
>
> Since we do not know how long this experiment will last, I would ask for
> those with powerful receive stations to listen for Suitsat---especially
> during direct overhead passes when the Suit is closest to your area.  If
> you can record this and send this to me, it would be most appreciated.
>
> During the 9:00 UTC pass in my area I took an arrow antenna outside with
> an HT and heard a partial of the station ID and another voice.  So I am
> certain that the system is operating, but for some reason is running lower
> power.  If it is not transmitting the full 0.5 watts, then the operational
> life will be significantly extended.  But if it is running 0.5 watts and
> it isn't getting to the antenna for some reason, then we have only a few
> short days to learn as much as we can.
>
> So please listen and let us know if you pick up anything definite.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
> AMSAT-NA VP for Human Spaceflight Programs
> ARISS International Chairman

 Todd L. Sherman / KB4MHH          Coordinator
 Gainesville, Alachua Co., FL      Alachua County SKYWARN
 Email: [log in to unmask]   http://alachuaskywarn.org
 http://www.afn.org/~afn09444
 AOL-AIM: toddkb4mhh               Project Manager/Coordinator
 MSN Messenger: t_l_sherman        Alachua County EMWIN Project
 Yahoo IM: todd_l_sherman          http://alachuaskywarn.org/emwin