-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kathryn VanWagoner
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Learning Center Etiquette

I am responding specifically to Bill Holdman's rules in his lab, but this
may be of interest to others.

I notice you have rules regarding downloading programs and changing settings
on your computers.  We use a program called DeepFreeze  from
www.faronics.com  I don't know much about cost, installation, etc (our IT
guy handles that).  When a computer has DeepFreeze set, everytime the
computer is restarted, any changes to it are erased and put back to original
settings.  It's rather handy.  We use it on any computer that students have
access to, including our checkin computers that student employees work on.

Another idea:  I have table tents (plastic a-frame sign holders) that I put
information on that I want students to know, ie. our mission statement,
rules about cell phones and keeping conversations down to a dull roar, etc.
There is a tent on every table.

Kathy

browser to