-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Debbie Cunningham
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 7:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]

Patricia--Our campus brings high schools teachers to campus each year,
provides interaction with professors and lunch (at no charge).  It is
very popular with hs folks, as well as our own faculty.  Becaue of these
events, I have been invited to classes to do sample teaching, so that
students get a chance to see what a professor does during class (gives
me a chance to show them that they will be expected to participate
actively, etc.).  Not only does it give us a chance to have some impact
on our local schools, it's great PR for the campus!