To Susan Grimes or others with an interest:

> Also, we have been working with our math department and would like to
> use a prescriptive and mini-assessment tool in tutoring with our
> developmental math students.  Is anyone aware of a commercial product we
> can explore?  Our thought is the instructor would prescribe a certain
> aspect, e.g. fractions or negative numbers, for a student who would come
> to the tutoring center for directed instruction on the prescribed topic.

We have a web site that we offer free to Learning Centers that is well
suited for this task.  Select your topic from the menu and access full
instruction, guided practice, drill/practice, and a self-evaluation
exercise.  Use it at:

    http://www.hhpublishing.com/mathtutor/

Bob