Susan & all:

We are doing tutoring as well as teaching math and developmental math
(as well as many other courses) by distance to students all over
Alaska.  We have used the whiteboard capability of Blackboard as well
as using other LMS programs such as Elluminate Live.   Several of my
math instructors have commented on the effectiveness of the whiteboard
capability in Elluminate Live.  It is a subscription service.
http://www.elluminate.com/products.jsp

Ron

Ronald D. Illingworth
Professor