Vera--Congrats on a great project!  You might want to take a look at the
Learning Assistance Center at St. Mary's University in San Antonio,
Texas.  I served as Associate Director there for 4 years.  It was a
stellar center then--and it continues to be.  It encompasses many of the
elements you listed and some others.

VERA MAYES wrote:

>** Proprietary **
>
>We are in the throws of blending our existing services into one more
>comprehensive facility. We will be retrofitting an existing building on
>campus and hope to use this move to help develop the support for
>students on campus.
>
>We presently have 4 separate centers that provide the following kinds
>of support:
>1)College prep classes in reading and English skills that have a lab
>component,
>2)all math tutoring, chemistry, and physics on a drop-in basis,
>3)accounting support on a drop-in basis housed in the math center
>4)a writing center that blends walk-ins with their appointment
>structure and
>5)CLAST support
>We presently have almost 100,000 visits a year to the separate
>centers.
>
>We would like to know if anyone out there has a center that deals with
>these areas (and more). We would really like some information about
>1)how the blending works, how are the different disciplines housed
>together,
>2)how it is managed,
>3)what other services you provide and why,
>4)what would you add if you could,
>5)would you be open to a visit?
>
>The administration is really excited about this move and we would like
>to use it to make sure that the students get even better services and
>that nothing is lost that is already working.
>
>Thanks so much for any responses!!!

>Vera Mayes
>Math Learning Center Coordinator
>Tallahassee Community College