Although it's always great having available faculty members helping out in
the tutoring center, an issue that has just occasionally come up for me in
the past is that of instructors who teach/lecture and don't tutor.  We all
know the difference.  The obvious remedy for this is good tutor training,
but then I've run across some instructors who feel they know all there is to
know about teaching and learning and are somehow insulted (on a few rare
occasions) by what they perceive as an implication that they need training
to tutor.

Kate

Kate Jakobson, Director

Tutoring and Student Success