-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Riehle, Kathleen
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DEV departments

Hi everyone,

There has been some talk at my institution of eliminating the current
Developmental Studies department (which is huge) and having those
classes and services absorbed into the regular math and English
departments. Can you direct me to the research which shows this isn't
good for our students, the faculty, or the campus?

Thanks for your help.

Katy Riehle

DEV Reading

DEV Tutoring Coordinator