Thanks a million for all of the great ideas for reaching out to adult
students! These will help us jumpstart our efforts! Lindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ramage, Travis
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: addressing the needs of adult students?

Lindy et al,

At UW-Barron County we have a student organization, ENCORE, that is for
returning adult students (ages 22+).  As the facilitator/advisor for
that group, I have coordinated the following events/activities.  I have
attached posters/letters/etc I have used to promote the events.

*         Semester dinners with an activity

*         Family Fun Day

*         Welcome Back picnic

*         Meetings to share survival strategies and ideas (However,
given their busy schedules, the attendance at the meetings has been
poor.)

*         Holiday cookie exchange

*         Non-trad Week activities (second week in November)

Please let me know if you can't open any of the attachments and let me
know if you have other questions about returning adult students.  I also
invite two current students to my open house programs to share their
experiences with prospective adult students looking at coming to
college.

Travis Ramage

Coordinator of Adult Student Services/

Academic Assistance Advisor