Karyn, what we typically do is run a query for students who have
received an A or B in their courses and invite them to become tutors.
This is usually a good way to get them to come into the office.  We also
ask instructors and/or professors to recommend the names of students who
would be great tutors for our office.

I hope this helps.

Peace & Blessings!
Alsace Toure, M.Ed.
Director Learning Assistance Center, Tutorial Services & Supplemental
Instruction
University of Cincinnati
Educational Services Office
Division of Student Affairs & Services
PO Box 210090
University Pavilion, 120
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0090
(513) 556-2888 direct
(513) 556-3244 office
(513) 556-3728 fax
www.esit.uc.edu/Learning

The mission of Educational Services is to deliver university-wide,
student-centered programs and services that promote the academic success
of UC students.

Today's Quote:  Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and
wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it.  -William Penn