-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Grimes
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Supplemental F2F help for Developmental Math Students?

I would like to piggyback on Ron's request.  We are interested in using
supplemental (F2F) face to face prescriptives and curriculum and (CAI)
computer-aided instruction for tutorial assistance with developmental
math students.

We currently use PLATO.  Has anyone used Hawkes Learning Systems with
developmental math students?

Also, we have been working with our math department and would like to
use a prescriptive and mini-assessment tool in tutoring with our
developmental math students.  Is anyone aware of a commercial product we
can explore?  Our thought is the instructor would prescribe a certain
aspect, e.g. fractions or negative numbers, for a student who would come
to the tutoring center for directed instruction on the prescribed topic.
We can create the prescriptives and assessments, but prefer to avoid
reinventing the wheel.

I, too, am open to anything you can share on face to face and CAI
supplemental instruction for developmental math students.

Thanks much,

Susan Grimes

Tutor Program Coordinator

San Juan College Student Success Center