-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hotchkiss, Chrisa
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 6:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: no shows/last-minute cancellations

Hello all. Happy Friday!

I'm wondering how you deal with students who cancel appointments with
tutors at the last minute or don't show up at all and don't call to
cancel. Do you revoke their tutoring privileges after two no-shows, for
example, do you ask students to pay the tutor, or. . .? And how do you
enforce the policy? Also, and perhaps more importantly, do you still pay
your tutors when their tutees don't show up or when they cancel at the
last minute? What kind of policies are you using?

Thanks for your help.

Chrisa Hotchkiss

Director of Learning Services

Dominican University of California