Everything old is new again:

There has been recurrent interest in social networks and social work

1. Service delivery networks. Interorganizational ties. I don't know much
about this, but several folks took my Networks 4 Newbies intro course at
the Sunbelt.

2. Social support studies. (as others have mentioned, also big in
community psychology). There's a lit review on this from the 1990s on my
website (or if not, tell me and I'll put it there), and also, Wellman &
Wortley, "Different Strokes from Different Folks" (AmJSoc, 3-90).

But for a serious search, let me remind you that INSNA went to some
trouble and expense a few years ago to put all of Connections on the web.
It's searchable, folks!

 Barry