Several people have emailed me about the recent episode of the TV
show Numb3rs [two brothers, one an FBI guy, the other a Math prof,
solve crimes together].  In that show they use SNA to solve a crime.
Here is a "study guide" from that show...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/numb3rs/ti/activities/
Act1_PartyOfSix_Protest_final.pdf

Pretty cool, eh?  I wish my Math classes were this interesting.  I
had to take a class in Org Comm before I got the "Ah Ha" that the
graph theory I had learned might have some interesting applications.

Valdis