Teramis,
the following references have been very helpful for me.
Huisman, M., & van Duijn, M.A.J. (2004). Software for statistical
analysis of social networks. Paper presented at the 6th International
Conference on Logic and Methodology (RC33), Amsterdam, August 16-20,
2004. (available here http://stat.gamma.rug.nl/snijders/
HuismanVanDuijn.pdf)
and
M. Huisman and M.A.J. van Duijn, (2005) Software for Social Network
Analysis, in P. Carrington, J. Scott and S. Wasserman (Eds.) Models
and Methods in Social Network Analysis, Cambridge University Press

I am still looking for a software package as good, well supported and
constantly updated as UCINET or Pajek but available for Unix or Mac
platform.
Anyone has any idea?

Regards

Elena