While on the subject of *nix, can anyone point me at a *nix-friendly
library (Java/Perl/Python preferably, C, C++ if must be) (hopefully
optimized!) of SNA/graph-related functions? Not so concerned about
input/output and representation -- there's plenty of code out there for
that -- I'm hoping for something which will efficiently calculate some
of the 'standard' SNA things: centrality measures, keyplayer, in- and
out-degree etc... basically, the core of something like UCINET minus the
interface, and preferably in library format (rather than an application
source listing which I would need to strip apart and rebuild!). Even
nicer if build on a robust numerical methods package to make it easier
to build up other operations without having to start too low level...?

Hoping for the stars? Maybe -- I can't find what I'm looking for online,
but suspect a few of you might have tips!

Thx!