As part of my studies in maritime history, I am investigating the network among Dutch shipping and shipbuilding companies during the periode 1870-1940. The objectives are to map the structure of this network, to identify its characteristics and changes over time, to explain possible reasons for its existence and to investigate the influence on shipowners' and shipyard's business policies. I am using MS Access and Ucinet for the analysis.
In order to assess and compare the results of my analysis, I am looking for litterature and information on similar studies, i.e. covering a special and in some respects rather limited business sector over a significant period of time. So far I have not found any. Would most appreciate any advice or references.
Gerbrand Moeyes
Distellaan 1
2244 AX Wassenaar
Netherlands