Speaking of Peregrines...

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I were at Gulfstream Park in Miami when
a Peregrine appeared from above the grandstand, swept down, and "nailed" a
Laughing Gull in mid flight.  It all happened very fast, but we did
observe the two birds cartwheeling toward the ground...until the Laughing
Gull broke free.  The Peregrine took off, not to be seen again.

Upon recovering from this excitement, we both joked that we, of hundreds
of people, were probably the only ones who noticed what was happening!

Bob Showler

"Thomas J. Dunkerton" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Florida Birds <[log in to unmask]>
03/08/2006 08:53 AM EST
Please respond to Woundedmallard67