Hey Andy:

Too bad you didn't contact me first before coming down to "my turf"
i.e. SW Florida. There are some great birds around if you know where
to look, and I know where to look. . . . Yes, we here lament all of
the development and loss of habitat, and as I said before, Corkscrew
Swamp Sanctuary is in grave danger of becoming an island of habitat
surrounded by developments and golf courses. A major victory was won
a month or so ago though when the Mirasol development was disallowed
from building a huge canal to siphon off water from the Cocohatchee
(from where Corkscrew gets much of its water). So, minor miracles do
occur from time-to-time down here.

So sorry you won't be coming back to SW Florida for the "next 20
years". As probably the most avid birder in the area (self-proclaimed
of course!), if you give this area a chance, there are still some
great birds to be seen here. If you follow any of my posts regarding
avian sightings, you'd know that that is true.

In the next few weeks or so, we'll be sending some of our migrants
and over-wintering birds up your way so that you have other birds to
look at beside Canada Goose, White-breasted Nuthatch, Golden-crowned
Kinglet, etc. Be looking for them! Lol.

Cheers.

Vince

Vincent Lucas
Naples, FL

"Look out for the builder-man turning this into a wasteland" -- Bruce
Hornsby from "Look Out Any Window"