Hi All,

Around 2pm this afternoon Dave Powell & I saw the Great Cormorant at
Doctor's Lake in Orange Park, just south of Jacksonville. It was perched on the
second buoy, which is to the right and further offshore than the one  closest to
the lakeshore from the Wears' residence. Please see the RBA post  for
directions & contact info. This was a much wanted life bird for  me!

Earlier in the day (and our main reason for heading up to Jacksonville) we
checked out Ralph E. Simmons State Forest for some rare butterflies. We found
one Frosted Elfin & 9 Dusky Roadside-Skippers. Some good birds were seen  too.
The place is full of singing Bachman's Sparrows, Brown-headed Nuthatchs,  &
Yellow-throated Warblers. Plus a couple of Turkeys. The forest is located  off
of US-301 (east side) just before crossing into Georgia.

Good birding,
Brian  Ahern
Tampa, FL.
Photos:  http://community.webshots.com/user/floridanature