Thanks to Caloosa Bird Club member Derick Driemeyer of Bonita
Springs, we have a photograph of a stunning Paradise Shelduck
(Tadorna variegata) taken at the Bailey Tract of Ding Darling NWR in
mid-February 2006. This species is a long way from its native New
Zealand. Although an obvious escape, I thought that birders might be
interested in seeing a picture of this handsome duck. Go to:

http://caloosabirdclub.org/ParadiseShelduck.jpg

The copyright of this photograph belongs to Derick Driemeyer.

Vincent Lucas
Naples, FL

"Look out for the builder-man turning this into a wasteland" -- Bruce
Hornsby from "Look Out Any Window"