Moses and Easwaran,

Here's some even earlier stuff on social networks and community decision
making:

L. C. Freeman, W. Bloomberg, Jr., S. P. Koff, M. H. Sunshine and T. J.
Fararo. 1960. Local Community Leadership. Syracuse: Syracuse University
College.

    (Translated by W. Mangin and published as Estudio de Lideraygo Urbano
Lima, Peru: C.I.P., 1961.)

L. C. Freeman, T. J. Fararo, W. Bloomberg, Jr., and M. H. Sunshine. 1962.
Metropolitan Decision-Making. Syracuse, Syracuse University College.

L. C. Freeman, T. J. Fararo, W. Bloomberg, Jr., and M. H. Sunshine.  1963.
``Locating Leaders in Local Communities." American Sociological Review,
28:791-798.

    ( Reprinted in Maxwell Reprint Series 1, Syracuse University, 1963.)
    ( Reprinted in P. E. Mott and M. T. Aiken, eds., The Structure of
Community Power: Readings. New York: Random House, 1967.)
    ( Reprinted in F. J. Lyden, G. A. Shipman, and M. J. Kroll, eds.,
Policies, Decisions and Organizations. New York: Appleton-Century-Crofts,
1967.)
    ( Reprinted in D. G. Dean, ed., Issues in Social Psychology, 1967.)
    ( Reprinted in W. D. Hawley and F. M. Wirt, eds., The Search for Power
in American Communities. New York: Prentice-Hall, 1968.)
    ( Reprinted in L. Gross, O. Gursslin and J. Roach, Stratification in
America. New York: Prentice-Hall, 1968.)
    ( Reprinted in P. G. Washburn and C. J. Larson, Power Participation
and Ideology. New York: David McKay and Company, 1969.)
    ( Reprinted in R. G. Braungart, Society and Politics: Readings in
Political Sociology. New York: Prentice-Hall, 1971.)

L. C. Freeman.  1968.  Patterns of Local Community Leadership.
Indianapolis, Indiana: Bobbs-Merrill and Company.

Best,
Lin Freeman

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Moses Boudourides wrote:

> Dear Easwaran,
>
> I don't know any web resources. There is a rather old social networks
> literature centered around the work of Prof. E.O. Laumann, examples of
> which I am including below.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --Moses Boudourides
> University of Patras, Greece
>

> Alba, R.D., & Moore, O. (1978). Elite social circles. Sociological
> Methods & Research, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 167-188.
>
> Breiger, R.L. (1979). Toward an operational theory of community elite
> structures. Quality and Quantity, vol. 13, pp. 21-57.
>
> Breiger, R.L., & Pattison, P.E. (1978). The joint role structure of
> two community elites. Sociological Methods & Research, vol. 7, no. 2,
> pp. 213-226.
>
> Laumann, E.O. (1966). Prestige and Association in an Urban Community.
> Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill.
>
> Laumann, E.O. (1973). Bonds of Pluralism: The Form and Substance of
> Urban Social Networks. New York: Wiley Interscience.
>
> Laumann, E.O., & Marsden, P.V. (1979). The analysis of oppositional
> structures in political elites: Identifying collective actors.
> American Sociological Review, vol. 44, pp. 713-732.
>
> Laumann, E.O., Marsden, P.V. & Galaskiewicz, J. (1977).
> Community-elite influence structures: Extension of a network approach.
> American Journal of Sociology, vo. 83, pp. 594-631.
>
> Laumann, E.O., & Pappi (1973). New directions in the study of
> community elites. American Sociological Review, vol. 38, pp. 212-230.
>
> Laumann, E.O., & Pappi (1973). Networks of Collective Action. New
> York: Academic Press.
>
> Marsden, P.V., & Laumann, E.O. (1977). Collective action in a
> community elite: Exchange, influence resources and issue resolution.
> In R.J. Liebert & A. Imershein (eds.), Power, Paradigms, and Community
> Research, pp. 199-250. London: ISA/Sage.
>
> On 4/8/06, Easwaran Kanagaraj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Networkers,
> > Greetings  from Mizoram.
> > I would like to read articles on community power structure, leadership,
> > elites etc. Kindly send me the web resources
> > Yours
> > Dr.E.Kanagaraj
> > LEcturer
> > Department of Social Work
> > Mizoram University
> > Aizawl
> > India 796 012

Linton C. Freeman
Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences
Department of Sociology
School of Social Sciences  SSPA 2143
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697-5100