I calculated something I called a critical mass index which was actor
centrality weighted by their adoption behavior and Strang (also see
Myers) calculated susceptibility and infectivity which are degree
weighted adoption scores (see Valente 2005) for elaboration.
Valente, T. W. (2005). Models and methods for innovation diffusion. In
P. J. Carrington, J. Scott, & S. Wasserman (Eds.) Models and Methods in
Social Network Analysis. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.

-Tom

Giancarlo Oriani wrote:

>Suppose you are interested in calculate actors' centrality, but also the attributes of alters are important.
>For example: you are studying the roles of different people in innovation processes: it is not only important having many ties, but also having them with alters with different attributes (i.e. different departments, organizations, etc.). Therefore, an actor could be more central not only for the number of his ties, but also for the destination of his ties.
>Is there an index calculating the centrality (above all betweenness centrality) "weighted" by the attributes of the tied alters?
>Thank you very much
>Giancarlo Oriani

To learn more about my evaluation book go to:
http://www.oup-usa.org/isbn/0195141768.html
My personal webpage:
http://www-hsc.usc.edu/~tvalente/
---