I have shown this map on SOCNET before, so sorry for the repetition...
yet, it was a very good conversation starter and a catalyst for looking
at inter-org collaboration.  Think of network maps NOT as precise
blueprints but as conversation starters; as sense-making documents.
Even if the map is incomplete, as this one was, you can start a
conversation with "Let's sit down and complete this map to the best of
our ability"  That simple conversation will lead to rich conversations
of who should and should not be connected, and why some are and others
are not, and what should we do, if anything, etc., etc.  By discussing
the map, ties are formed!

http://www.orgnet.com/neohio.gif

Valdis