A huge thanks to everyone for the links, files, and corrections! Thanks to
GD Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Carter T. Butts <[log in to unmask]>
Alexandra Marin <[log in to unmask]>
Robert A. Hanneman <[log in to unmask]>
Bastian Mayershofer <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Abrams <[log in to unmask]>
H. Russell Bernard <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Nicholas Harrigan <[log in to unmask]>
Barry Wellman <[log in to unmask]>

In SOCNET tradition, a summary of the responses:

Eigenvector centrality is something like the recursive definition of
rank I asked about.
Standard deviation is not like the clustering coefficient.

Useful References with Definitions:
1. Get UCINET or the sna for R or other software and check their help files
2. Wasserman and Faust  "Social Network Analysis". 1994
3. Scott. "Social Network Analysis - A Handbock". 2000
4. http://faculty.ucr.edu/~hanneman/nettext/
Katz, Leo, & Powell, James H.   (1995)  "Measurement of the Tendency Toward
Reciprocation of Choice" (measures of reciprocity)

Freeman, Linton C.      (1977)  "A Set of Measures of Centrality Based on
Betweenness" (relative betweenness centrality)

Freeman, Linton C.      (1979)  "Centrality in Social Networks: Conceptual
Clarification" (degree centrality, betweenness centrality, closeness
centrality)

Bonacich, Phillip       (1972)  "Factoring and Weighting Approaches to
Status Scores and Clique Identification" (eigenvector centrality)

I got enough people suggesting the classics that I decided to order
Wasserman & Faust and Scott from Amazon afterall.

Again, many thanks
-Nick Guenther