What would you like to see in a set of network and diffusion datasets
gathered in DaimlerChrysler, Ford, and GM that will be made available to the
network community?

NSF has funded a three-year grant for research that will use automated
means to extract from IT log records: network data, message content, and
time of adoption data for 30 to 60 innovations.

Data collection begins in the fall and to make these data optimally useful
to the network community, your input is desired.

1.  What types of innovations would you most like to see tracked?

2.  What parameters and attributes for data collection will be most
    useful to you?

3.  How can the most comprehensive, valuable, and available database
    possible be built?

Any other questions or comments are welcomed.

If you are going to the INSA meeting, we will have a discussion session at
2pm on Wednesday of the conference at the session on Organizations and
Innovation Networks.

We would like, however, to get the discussion started now for two reasons.
One is to increase the depth of the discussion at the meeting.

Second, for the members of SOCNET who will not be at the meeting, we want
to get your suggestions and hopefully continue the discussion afterward.
We will post a summary of the session comments to this list to provide a
basis for continuing interaction.

Any thoughts come to mind?  Please post them now.

Thanks.

Julia Gluesing, Wayne State University
Ken Riopelle, Wayne State University
Jim Danowski, University of Illinois at Chicago