Dear Easwaran,

I don't know any web resources. There is a rather old social networks
literature centered around the work of Prof. E.O. Laumann, examples of
which I am including below.

Best regards,

--Moses Boudourides
University of Patras, Greece

Alba, R.D., & Moore, O. (1978). Elite social circles. Sociological
Methods & Research, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 167-188.

Breiger, R.L. (1979). Toward an operational theory of community elite
structures. Quality and Quantity, vol. 13, pp. 21-57.

Breiger, R.L., & Pattison, P.E. (1978). The joint role structure of
two community elites. Sociological Methods & Research, vol. 7, no. 2,
pp. 213-226.

Laumann, E.O. (1966). Prestige and Association in an Urban Community.
Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill.

Laumann, E.O. (1973). Bonds of Pluralism: The Form and Substance of
Urban Social Networks. New York: Wiley Interscience.

Laumann, E.O., & Marsden, P.V. (1979). The analysis of oppositional
structures in political elites: Identifying collective actors.
American Sociological Review, vol. 44, pp. 713-732.

Laumann, E.O., Marsden, P.V. & Galaskiewicz, J. (1977).
Community-elite influence structures: Extension of a network approach.
American Journal of Sociology, vo. 83, pp. 594-631.

Laumann, E.O., & Pappi (1973). New directions in the study of
community elites. American Sociological Review, vol. 38, pp. 212-230.

Laumann, E.O., & Pappi (1973). Networks of Collective Action. New
York: Academic Press.

Marsden, P.V., & Laumann, E.O. (1977). Collective action in a
community elite: Exchange, influence resources and issue resolution.
In R.J. Liebert & A. Imershein (eds.), Power, Paradigms, and Community
Research, pp. 199-250. London: ISA/Sage.