I've also found, in my work with economic networks in Appalachian Ohio and
elsewhere, that this resistance to networks is typical. Actually, I've
discovered that it makes sense to ignore--for awhile--those who are afraid
or resistant, and simply pay lots of attention to those who are ready to
network and collaborate, even if itšs a small group of people. It's amazing
how, after this smaller network has had several visible successes, the
others quickly and painlessly start to joint in.

It takes several people playing the role of Network Weaver--introducing
people to each other, helping them figure out ways to collaborate on
projects--to make the network work.

Valdis Krebs, Jack Ricchiuto and I have a new blog that where wešre posting
what we've been learning.  Join us!  www.networkweaving.com/blog

June Holley
Network Weaver
www.networkweaving.com/june.html