Dear Bastian
There have been quite a few studies that have looked at business peformance
(sales, patents etc.) as the key dependent variable.The network constructs
(structural holes, strength of ties, leader's centrality in the top
management network) predict organizational level outcomes. Some cites that
would be useful are:

*Ahuja*, *Gautam*. 2000. Collaboration networks, *structural holes*, and
innovation: a longitudinal study. *ASQ*, 45: 425-455

Godfrey, E. P., Fiedler, F. E., & Hall, D. M. 1957. Boards, management and
company success. Danville, Illinios: The Interstate Printers & Publishers,
Inc.

Harrington, B. 2001. Organizational performance and corporate social
capital: A contingency model. Social capital of organizations, 18: 83-106.

Powell, W.W., Koput, K.W., Smith-Doerr, L. 1996. Interorganizational
collaboration and the locus of innovation: Networks of learning in
biotechnology. *Adminstrative Science Quarterly*, 41: 116-145.

Vissa, B. and A. S. Chacar (2004). Leveraging networks: Venture teams'
advice network structure, strategic consensus and software start-up
performance in India. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Academy
of Management, New Orleans.

Best wishes
Prasad