Hi All,

Since no one has posted on Ft. DeSoto today I thought I would get the word
out. David Powell & I spent most of the day there, there were lots of birds  &
birders. The most active areas where East Beach Woods and the Mulberry  Tree
area. The list below includes some birds that I had heard about but didn't
actually see......

Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1 male
Eastern Wood-Pewee 1
Eastern Kingbird 2
Gray Kingbird 5
Barn Swallow 10
Swainson's Thrush 4
Gray-cheeked Thrush 3
Veery 1
Wood Thrush 2
Gray Catbird 22
Tennessee Warbler 2
Blue-winged Warbler 2
Northern Parula 8
Yellow Warbler 2
Magnolia Warbler 4 males, 1 female
Cape May Warbler 6 mostly females
Black-throated Blue Warbler 14, at least 2 "Appalachian type"
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler 1
Palm Warbler 15
Prairie Warbler 2
Blackpoll Warbler 85+
Black & White Warbler 10
American Redstart 10
Worm-eating Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 4
Kentucky Warbler mulberry tree area
Northern Waterthrush 1
Ovenbird 20
Hooded Warbler 16
Scarlet Tanager 2 males
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 6
Indigo Bunting 15
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW 1 east beach woods

Good birding,
Brian  Ahern
Tampa, FL.
Photos:  http://community.webshots.com/user/floridanature