 For the non-Texans out there, Texas adopted the Texas Success
Initiative (TSI) a few years ago (after TASP became THEA). Much of TSI's
execution is left to individual campuses.

Good thread.

Steven Moss

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/9/2006 4:03 PM >>>
Thanks again everyone for your comments and suggestions,

Ok

This is the process San Jacinto College takes to move students into
college level classes.

The student takes the THEA placement test, if the student scores in the

developmental level then they have to take the required course and pass

the course.  In addition, they have to pass the TABE test.In other
words
if a student makes an A in the class and does not pass the exit test
then
that student must pay to take the class again.

THEA=Texas Higher Education Assessment

TABE= Texas Adult Basic Education

I believe this all began because the state of texas wants all student
be at a college reading level before they can take their core clases.
(IE:
History, Comp, Sociology etc.)

If anyone else in Texas has more information or if I am wrong about
something please let me know.

browser to