Hi Roberta,
Currently 35% of my tutors are CRLA certified to at least level 1. 10%
also have level 2, and 4% level 3. I would like it to be 100%, but the
logistics are challenging.

Julie
>>> [log in to unmask] 5/17/2006 10:10 AM >>>
Julie,

Since training beyond the initial 3 hours is optional, what percentage
of
your tutors go on to complete CRLA 1, 2 and 3?

Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

                      Julie Shattuck

                      <JShattuck@FREDE         To:

                      RICK.EDU>                cc:

                      Sent by: Open            Subject: Re: Training
for Faculty Tutors
                      Forum for

                      Learning

                      Assistance

                      Professionals

                      <LRNASST-L@LISTS

                      .UFL.EDU>

                      05/16/2006 08:26

                      AM

                      Please respond

                      to Open Forum

                      for Learning

                      Assistance

                      Professionals

We also use adjunct faculty in addition to peer tutors. All tutors go
through the same training - we offer CRLA training at all 3 levels of
certification. After the initial mandatory introductory tarining (3
hours), all training is optional and paid at the tutors hourly rate.
I've found that the adjunct faculty who do the CRLA training have had
very positive feedback, enjoyed the topics which for many of them were
new areas that they found useful for their teaching, e.g. learning
styles, critical thinking skills etc.

Julie

Julie Shattuck
Program Manager, Tutorial Services
Frederick Community College
7932 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
(301) 846 2523
Fax: (301) 624 2787

Our center is blessed to have hired adjunct faculty tutors in addition
to our peer tutors.  Can anyone recommend tutor training programs
geared
more towards faculty?
Thanks.

Foster Bell, Coordinator