Dear Colleagues,

We thought we had a hire but now have to reopen our wonderful Math Center
Director position.  Please share the opening below with anyone whom you
think might be qualified and interested.  We would like to have a new
director on board for the fall term.  The pay is very competitive and the
colleagues wonderful.  There is also the opportunity to teach one class as
an adjunct in the Math/CSI department included with the position.  Questions
can be referred to me.  Thank you.

Kathy Sack, Ph.D.

Assistant Dean

Washington College

Chestertown, MD

Academic Resources, Math Center

Washington College, a selective liberal arts college with a student body of
1350 on Maryland's Eastern Shore, seeks a full time staff member to serve as
head administrator/coordinator of tutoring and academic support for
mathematics and related quantitative areas.  The Math Center Director must
have exceptional skills in all levels of math and statistics.  The Director
will provide tutoring in college calculus and advanced mathematics; select,
train, and supervise paid student tutor staff, and teach one section of
calculus or other upper level math per term.  A Master's degree and
appropriate experience is preferred.  However, with additional experience, a
person with a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Math Education and related
experience may be considered. This is a 9 1/2 month fulltime, exempt-staff
position with adjunct appointment in the Department of Mathematics beginning
August 2006.  Competitive salary and benefits.  Review of applications will
begin immediately with interviews in early to mid-June.  Please reply with a
cover letter outlining background in mathematics, tutoring, and teaching, a
curriculum vita with contact information for three professional references
and copies of academic transcripts.  Previous applicants need not apply.
See  <http://hr./> http://hr.washcoll.edu for complete job description.