Barb,

With the advent of the NET, I am finding that
publishers are producing fewer cds and dvds on reading
and even fewer still on study skills.

However, one series that I really like is called THE
REAL THING. This is a series of 15 minute lectures
across the disciplines for students to use to practice
notetaking. The instructors guide comes with quizzes
made up by some of the instructors. One speech prof
made 21 questions up for his 15 minute lecture. My!
Weren't my students surprised.

Series I is on videotape.

Series II is on DVD.

http://www.highlandpublishing.com/

We have the first series at Chemeketa CC, if you
wanted to review these.

Lucy

--- Barbara Horn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for high quailty technology for
> learning center
> environments.
>
> Sincerely,
> Barb Horn
> Tutor Coordinator
> Linn-Benton Community College
> Albany, Oregon

Lucy Tribble MacDonald, M.A.,M.A.Faculty EmeritaChemeketa Community College4977 Brookmeade DRSarasota, [log in to unmask]