-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of william moore
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Developmental Reading

Hi Sonya:

I saw your posting. What is the name of your school and where is it
located?
I ask this because some colleges and states have different rules
governing
access to student information. Is it possible for you to get access to
the
exit exams so that you can see which type of questions students are
answering incorrectly? Another way to approach the issue and maintain
student confidentiality is to find out if the scoring system itemizes
and
gives a percentage of which questions were answered correctly or
incorrectly. For example, 80% of test takers answered question number 1
correctly while only 20% of test takers answered question number 2
correctly. Such data could provide you with a plan to tailor
Developmental
Reading instruction.

Good Luck.

On 5/9/06, Sonya Prince <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is anybody else having problems with students failing the reading exit
> test more than 3 times?  At my school the students have to pass the
class
> and the exit exam to move on. What resources does you school's
learning
> center offer to help these students?  These students are passing the
class
> but not the test and I do not understand why that is.

> browser to

browser to