I think the easy choice is BOTH.

With a wireless pervaded hotel, I would have expected that at least some
people would be taking real time notes.  And to go one step further,
perhaps even some real time discussion.

Sometimes this goes too far: I've been at conferences where the
participants had back channel conversations (and sometimes, snickers)
about the presenters' papers.

Hospitality suites, by contrast, are for follow-up in more detail -- that
is, if anybody actually WORKS in those.

 Barry, whose room, alas, was next to the Hospitality suite for 2 nights.

  You're invited to visit -- and contribute to -- my new fun website
 "Updating Cybertimes: It's Time to Bring Our Culture into Cyberspace"
             http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php