Absent minded today (and bemused by being a democratic threat).

But I forgot to add my *footnote on technocracy. Here it is, courtesy of
Tom Lehrer:

"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun
http://members.aol.com/quentncree/lehrer/vonbraun.htm
and Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lehrer
(There are at least 4 other versions floating around on the web. I don't
trust any of them for accuracy).

Note, this is from memory as the LP is at home, but if anyone cares, we'll
listen tonight and jot down the lyrics as Tom sings.
 Barry

  You're invited to visit -- and contribute to -- my new fun website
 "Updating Cybertimes: It's Time to Bring Our Culture into Cyberspace"
             http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php