Dear colleagues,

In some versions of the Web-of-Science the end-of-lines are different from
the version at the University of Amsterdam and this has led to error
messages when using my programs for organizing files (ISI.exe) or for
generating maps of bibliographic coupling (BibCoupl.EXE). I apologize for
these inconveniences. In the current versions (available at
http://www.leydesdorff.net/software/isi/index.htm ) these bugs are fixed.
The current versions first control for the type of end-of-line characters,
and correct this if necessary.

I hope that the programs work further smoothly. My students are able to work
with them; thus, it should not be too difficult although they remain
pragmatically unsophisticated. Please, feel free to suggest further
improvements.

With best wishes,

Loet

** apologies for cross-postings

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
Tel.: 20- 525 6598; fax: 20- 525 3681
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/

 <http://www.universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1581126956>
The Self-Organization of the Knowledge-Based Society;
<http://www.universal-publishers.com/book.php?method=ISBN&book=1581126816>
The Challenge of Scientometrics