I'm guessing this list doesn't want to be a political list, but to the
extent that that conversation is going on: um, no, Jihadists are not a
"threat to democracy". There is no chance that terrorists can destroy,
say, the USA. They can inflict a tiny fractional amount of damage, but
they pose no threat to the entire American country or population, to the
way that the country operates, etc.

Changing the laws so that they are no longer democratic is a much more
realistic threat to "democracy". It's throwing the baby out with the
bathwater.

Please look up "the end justifies the means" and the problems with
unintended consequences that are usually ignored by those justifying the
means by their intended end.

Andy

On