>being an ennemy of an ennemy of democracy
>doesn't make one a friend of democracy, does it?

Well no, of course not.  SNA is neutral with respect to democracy.  With my post I was only trying to make the point that while SNA can be used to cause threats to democracy, it can also be used to respond to them, so it's silly for these bloggers to be voting on whether it's good or evil, etc.  Like someone else said, it's a tool like any other.

Perhaps I wasn't direct enough about making this point?  I honestly didn't mean to touch off a big political debate!

Best,

Steve