<<<-------- Barry Wellman-------->>>

> Story recounts different opinions as to whether this is analyzable in any
> useful size. Supposedly SGI has computers with 13 terabytes worth of
> activity memory.

  Currently, due to memory limitations, Pajek supports networks
  up to 10 millions of nodes. Among the basic operations the
  reading of the network into memory is the slowest. A huge
  memory makes 'life' much much easier. But you need also much
  more processing power - on PC like computer with huge memory
  a single typical basic operation would take for such amount
  of data (13 TB) some weeks or months.
  We are waiting for a Delphi compiler for 64-bit computers
  to produce version of Pajek that can use all the available
  memory.

  Vlado
--
Vladimir Batagelj, University of Ljubljana, Department of Mathematics
  Jadranska 19, PO Box 2964, 1111 Ljubljana, Slovenia