The ABC TV network just announced that one of its new shows this fall will
be titled "Six Degrees".  From ABC's press release:

Who will you touch? Who will touch you? They say that anyone on the planet
can be connected to any other person through a chain of six people, which
means that no one is a stranger... for long. In this hour-long drama from
the producers of "Lost" and "Alias," six very different New Yorkers go about
their lives without realizing the impact they're having on one another -
yet. A mysterious web of coincidences will gradually draw these strangers
closer, changing the course of their lives forever. Is it happenstance?
Fate? Is there a greater force at work in our world, guiding us along and
connecting our lives? This intriguing tale of intertwined destinies reminds
us that romance, success, peace or forgiveness might be right around the
corner, but they can also be lost in an instant. It's a story that
underlines just how small the world really is, and how someone just five
people away might be shaping our future right now.
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/devwatch.aspx?id=six_degrees

Also, while I was looking for the above link I found another show by the
same name, apparently airing now on various cable channels:

Lonely Planet Six Degrees is a new flagship series produced by Lonely
Planet.  Playful, sassy, streetsmart and unexpected, Lonely Planet Six
Degrees connects its viewers to what makes each city special – the people
that live in it.  Lonely Planet Six Degrees explores the world’s coolest
cities by connecting with the people who live in them. By emphasising the
human dimension of travel, Lonely Planet Six Degrees moves beyond
sightseeing and offers the surest way of being whisked off your feet and
fast-tracked to the heart of the city.  Avoiding the well-known tourist
attractions, each Lonely Planet Six Degrees journey begins with a traveller
arriving in a new city with just a single point of contact. From this
initial encounter a chain of connectivity is forged across the city as one
person leads to another and another another.  Meeting six strangers in sixty
minutes, our travellers experience the city through the eyes of some of its
most colourful and clued-in residents, proving that it's the people, the
lives they lead, and the stories they tell that give a city its soul, rather
than just the bricks and mortar.
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/lptv/index.cfm

Tim
-----