Dear list members,

I have a student who is writing his master thesis about the habitus of
foreign postgraduate students. We are now looking for a possibility to
combine a qualitative study on the habitus construct with the analysis of
ego-centered networks of the interviewees.

Does anyone on the list know about relevant literature beyond the
correlation between the habitus in terms of Pierre Bourdieu and the
structure of ego-centered networks. Are there any indices that the
disposition of habitus implies the building of specific ego-centered
networks?

Our hypothesis is, that the foreign postgraduate students have ego-centered
networks, which are not necessarily connected with a certain place.
(in German: "Enträumlichung der sozialen Gemeinschaft").

Many thanks to all in advance for any refrences. We will compile the
Best regards for all

Marina Hennig

--
PD Dr. Marina Hennig