I believe a good source for you all would be any mid-size city has a decent aized newspaper and they usually have a library department that manages the clippings and or photo archives.  These folks have been dealing with these issues for years and would be a good resource also.

  Special Libraries Association could also be a good resource as this is the Association the Newspaper Librarians usually belong to.

Carla Hemsing <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  This is a "me too" request, plus another request. Susan, if people respond to you directly, would you mind summarizing for the list? Or, alternatively, people could respond to the list.

As well, I am wondering if anyone could recommend a way to manage newspaper clippings. Our Public Relations Department has newspaper clippings from many years past in paper format. We need an imaging solution and a way to search the content - same idea as Susan's request, but for newspaper clippings instead of photos.

Thanks.

Carla Hemsing
Records / Information & Privacy Coordinator

This communication is privileged, confidential, subject to copyright and may contain personal information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If received in error, this message should be deleted or destroyed.