Jan,

We do not do that, but it sounds like a great program idea.

Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

                      Jan Norton
                      <[log in to unmask]         To:      [log in to unmask]
                      DU>                      cc:
                      Sent by: Open            Subject: four-year/two-year cooperative developmental program
                      Forum for
                      Learning
                      Assistance
                      Professionals
                      <LRNASST-L@LISTS
                      .UFL.EDU>

                      06/07/2006 09:56
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to Open Forum
                      for Learning
                      Assistance
                      Professionals

Colleagues,

I am curious about whether a program exists which does all or most of the
following at a four-year institution.

1.  students are conditionally admitted if they need two or more
developmental courses
2.  they take the developmental courses at a community college or tech
school
3.  students live at 4-yar campus even though they are takuing courses
elsewhere
4.  learning assistance and other support is provided by the 4-year college
5.  upon successful completion of the developmental work, students begin
attending the 4-year
6.  the program is managed by the 4-year college

If you have any ideas, suggestions, contacts, articles, etc., please let me
know.  Thanks!

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Resources

browser to