Tim,

Great question.  The data I provided is for unique students
(unduplicated).  We also track student visits, visit hours, visit
reason, visits by center, visits by course, etc.  I track by semester
(summer II, fall, spring, summer I) and by academic year.  I have a
report that summarizes the data and shows the percent change from one
academic year to another.  Maintaining useful data and reports has
helped our Center gain additional permanent support staff and funding
for our part-time tutors.  Anytime I request additional funding, I am
prepared, with my binder of reports, to answer just about any question
regarding student usage of our services.  Additionally, at the end of
each academic year, I give summary reports to all division chairs,
Learning Center faculty liaisons, my VP and our college president.
Maintaining and sharing this information with key people has contributed
to our Center's credibility and reputation.

Eva

Eva Falletta
Director, Learning Center
Chandler-Gilbert Community College