I have recently had my eyes opened concerning high school preparation for
college.  I filtered some of my ideas, however this report was very
interesting.
"High school students do not spend a lot of time preparing for class.
Almost half (47%) of the seniors surveyed said they spend three or fewer
hours per week studying."  Is there any wonder some students are in shock
when they have to do actual work in college?  I strongly urge you to look at
the HSSSE results.  You will find them at
http://ceep.indiana.edu/hssse

The article I read was in the May 2006 issue of the Phi Delta Kappan.

Dr. Joanne C. Conlon
Director,  Student Academic Support
106 Brown Science
Rosemont College