Daisy Buckner

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jan Norton
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: four-year/two-year cooperative developmental program

Colleagues,

I am curious about whether a program exists which does all or most of
the following at a four-year institution.

1. students are conditionally admitted if they need two
or more
developmental courses
2. they take the developmental courses at a community college or tech
school
3. students live at 4-yar campus even though they are takuing courses
elsewhere
4. learning assistance and other support is provided by the 4-year
college
5. upon successful completion of the developmental work, students
begin
attending the 4-year
6. the program is managed by the 4-year college

If you have any ideas, suggestions, contacts, articles, etc., please
let
me know. Thanks!

Jan Norton, Director
Center for Academic Resources