Jan,

Here at Delaware Technical & Community College (DTCC) we have developed
a relationship with the University of Delaware (UD) in which UD offers
an Associates in Arts program at DTCC run by a UD administrator, taught
by UD professors, priced at our tuition rates (only $81.50/credit versus
$276/credit), and housed on our campus.  These students would, in most
cases, not be admitted to UD if applying under regular admissions.  They
successfully complete a pre-planned two-year program in liberal arts and
then are automatically admitted into UD.  The catch here is that
depending upon how well they do in the AA program, they may or may not
be admitted into the program of their choice at UD or they may not have
taken all of the necessary pre-req courses to pick up at the third year
level in the program of their choice, thus extending their time at UD.

Here's the web address for the program  http://www.udel.edu/advisement/aa/

Hope this helps,

Cherita Weatherspoon
Counselor