The College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) is also a member of
CAS and earlier this year produced a revised statement (CAS Standards
Contextual Statement) on the role of learning assistance programs. My
understanding is that the revised (and somewhat more scholarly)
statement will be included in the new publication.

The actual standards and guidelines for learning assistance programs are
due to be revised within the year. NADE and CRLA will collaborate on
these. If you would like to be involved in the revision process, please
let the leadership of either organization know.

Karen